I have a book titled, “Blessed to be a Blessing,” by Kenneth Copeland. This is truly a fine writing and one that I am intending to put into practice and then some.
I will be putting these referenced verse into my everyday use, some I already do and some I really need to work on.
In the second chapter of the book, titled, “The Fools Dozen,” Pastor Copeland goes thru a list of twelve points, from which we can really learn. He suggest that you allow the Holy Spirit to convict you of any of these points that you have not been paying sufficient heed to over the years of your being a Christian.
Since I don’t want to give away all, I would really encourage you to get in touch with the KCM and acquire this reading for yourselves, however, I will let you in on some of the things that Holy Spirit brought to my attention.
1. I need to get out of debt. I don’t have a lot of debt, and for that I am grateful, but I need to prepare better for the future and lay the ground for not being in debt, ie I have an older car, runs great and I pray the Lord will help me to keep it that way.
2. If I am doing something I don’t want the Lord to see, hear, taste, or think, simple-don’t do those things.
3. For me this goes right back to 2.
4. Don’t speak poorly of anyone, remember what your mother said, “If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all!”
I think this speaks quite adequately to mischief. Something that some people just can’t give up.
6. Speak only those things that edify. This one kind of bit me…..I read this and thought of people I know who are constantly saying things to be cute…..instead of thinking I know people who do this, I need to pray for them, are they really doing something wrong? Let me ask you this, are they or you speaking truth?
7. Simple don’t trust yourself, trust in the word of the Lord.
8. Think before you speak…Don’t go to phone (or FB), go to the throne. Our words can be quite cruel, so think before you speak. Once they are out there, no matter how many times you say I am sorry, you can not undo the damage.
9. Walk in the light of God’s word and not in the darkness of the evil one.
10. If you have made a promise or a pledge, keep it.
11. Speak what you mean and mean what you speak. (Mark 11: 23)
12. If you believe in God, behave that way. And I know that there are some people out there that know of my recent move, that might say, I am not behaving appropriately, and to that I would say, I have gone to the throne and not to the phone.
13. (Bakers dozen) if you espouse to be a Christian, then believe and be a Christian…..Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, “O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken……” Don’t pick and choose!
There are some things for you to cogitate on for the day, be a blessing today.